Sunday, October 18, 2009

homesick.

i went home this weekend.

i didn't realize how homesick i was until i got here and remembered how much i love being at home. i love how excited pudge gets when she sees me and how there are golf balls EVERYWHERE in the living room from my dad practicing his putting. i love being silly with page. it would've been nice to see lauren too, but she couldn't make it. i even got to see uncle george this weekend! such a treat.

this is a little drawing of the house my mom and dad lived in when they first got married in louisiana. it's in my dad's room along with a whole bunch of pictures of my mom and us girls. there are things in my house that i forget about until i come home after not being here for a long time. there's another little wood carving of this house and it has a banner across the porch that says, "welcome, y'all." so adorable.

i miss home. i wish i weren't four and a half hours away. i want to be able to pop in and say hi whenever i want to my dad and page and lauren. i'm excited that thanksgiving is right around the corner. i know a lot of families consider christmas their big family holiday, but we do it real big for thanksgiving. this year's going to be a good year for "hanks"giving. i can tell.

home is where the heart is. and my heart belongs to my dad and the schiller girls.


2 comments:

Carizza said...

This made me all teary. Next time you see your dad, thank him for making me always feel so welcome in your house. I love you girls and your daddy Hank too =)

Ryan said...

i felt the same way the weekend before when i was down visiting. see you soon!