Monday, February 22, 2010

a weekend in and a weekend away.

i wish that i couple post my pictures from valentines day last weekend but after our photoshoot with stephanie, i've misplaced my cord!! sucks. i'll post them when i can, i guess.

these last two weekends have been so, so great.

valentines weekend robbie was away at a beta conference of sorts (sounded more like a beta bachelor/frat party mixed in with a couple of hours in a hotel conference room. he had some fun stories for me when he got back!) and i didn't expect him back in slo until late, late sunday night. lucky me, he called and told me he was getting back early! about an hour after he called i got gorgeous roses delivered to my door with the nicest note from robbie saying that he was sorry that he wasn't able to be with me on valentines day.

it was so unexpected and really, really thoughtful.

i ended up cooking a late night lobster dinner for robbie and we had some chocolate covered strawberries after with wine. so tasty.

monday morning, we headed to the sycamore mineral springs to sit in the hot tubs. i had planned to bring cinnamon rolls so we could have breakfast in the hot tubs but being the aaaamazing baker that i am, i burned them. sounds like something i would do.

after the hot tubs we drove to morro bay to walk around. we had some tasty fish tacos and robbie made me laugh telling me stories about his boat and fishing.

later that afternoon robbie took me on an adventure. i had different clues that led me to places we went on our first adventure together and at each place there was a cute note that robbie had written for me. the clues led me to the drive-in, the creek by the mission, and novo (or as robbie and i like to call it- novA).

he's so great.

this weekend we headed to san diego to see our families.

i had a ton of fun introducing robbie to my family and hanging out with his parents. the moens are so welcoming and they know how to have a good time. margaritas, the olympics, a home cooked meal and a movie? can't beat it.

now i'm back in slo with a vase full of fully bloomed roses.

life pretty much can't get much better.

(talked to becca this weekend. she's in ghana. check out what she's doing halfway across the world)

No comments: