Monday, June 14, 2010

starting summer

summer has officially started.

last week, even after finals were over, i just didn't feel like summer had started. i kept saying that summer was going to start the next day and when the next day didn't feel like summer, it was going to start the day after that.

well it finally feels like summer.

i'm back in riverside and it's an oven here. i forgot how much you sweat even while sitting still. gross.

i also forgot how stupid riverside can be. i got a parking ticket at 8 this morning for not parking close enough to the curb in my cul-de-sac. how close can you get to a rounded curb? city of riverside, you'll be hearing from me soon.

moving back into my room took all day. i didn't realize how much stuff i've accumulated in my room since we moved here back when i was in third grade. all the oldies are out and my stuff from college is in. i found a princess leia doll, "nikol's first journal," LOTS of homework, and a bunch of other crap.

now my closet is all organized and looking grown up. it's weird seeing new stuff in my closet. (side note: page always gives me clothes when i come home-GOD BLESS HER- and i've inherited a red dress from her for the fourth of july!! whoohooo!)


my pride and joy (the bookshelf) has been organized and dusted.

and there are now updated photos of family and new and old friends everywhere in my room.


now that it feels like summer is here, i'm coming up with a summer to-do list. you know how i love lists.

here it is so far:
- make sure no event goes unphotographed. my lovely friend carizza is documenting her entire summer through photos on facebook and it's so fun to look at. i'd like to do the same, just on my blog.
- finish scrapbooking my high school stuff. i have this amazing pre-made scrapbook i got as a graduation present and i've collected a ton of stuff but never made the darn thing.
- work and save moolah.
- have another summer garage sale!! two years ago when becca and i had one it was so much fun and with page moving up to san fran in a few weeks, we have a ton of crap to get rid of.
- take some trips (to san diego to see my robbie, catalina, vegas, palm springs...)
- spend time with my family. a ton of family members are coming for the wedding and i can't wait to spend some quality time with everybody.
- make a good toast at page's wedding. i'm so nervous.

happy summer, all!

No comments: